feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Sound Problem in Ubuntu Linux

Labels: , , , , , ,

This post describes Flash sound problems when upgrading from Ubuntu 7.10 to Ubuntu 8.04. A similar sound problem exist when upgrading from Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 8.10 .

After I upgraded from Ubuntu 7.10 to Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron I noticed that I can no longer hear music. I tried playing audio files using amarok, rythembox or totem. I tried playing different kinds of audio and video files but there was no sound. Actually there was no sound in my Ubuntu, not even system sounds. The only thing that did work was listening to audio streams using firefox. After a few days I noticed that if I start playing my amarok play list before I start firefox I can listen to music as long as it is running. Another thing I noticed is that although I can listen to audio streams using firefox, I can't hear any sound when I play flash with firefox. After playing around I found the solution. Installing libflashsupport solved the problem. After I installed it I no longer had sound problems.

libflashsupport can be installed using synaptic or using apt-get

$ sudo apt-get install libflashsupport

0 comments:

Post a Comment